Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: First offense in 30 years. Do I need a DUI lawyer?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    First offense in 30 years. Do I need a DUI lawyer?

    First offence in 30 yrars Arreared in Houston Texas. Do I need a Lawyer?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Washout periods or look back periods vary by state. In the state of Texas the washout period for drunk driving is 10 years. If a driver has been arrested for drunk driving and it is more than 10 years from a previous drunk driving charge, the second DWI arrest is considered their first DWI arrest. What does this mean? It means the old DWI arrest has “dropped off” the driver’s record and is no longer used to increase the DWI penalties for subsequent DWI arrests.

    If you are convicted of DWI it will be considered your first DWI charge. Unfortunately, since you were arrested previously, the penalties for DWI have become much more severe you are facing the following if convicted:

    First DWI Offense in Texas

    The first DWI arrest in Texas is a Class B Misdemeanor and penalties can include the following:
    Up to 180 days in jail
    DWI/DUI Fines up to $2,000
    Up to $10,000 if a child under 15 years old was in vehicle
    Potential community services for at least 24 hours but not more than 100 hours
    Drivers License Suspension from 90 days to 365 days

    It is time to talk to a DWI lawyer.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

ATTORNEY ADVERTISEMENT: This website is a group advertisement. is not a lawyer referral service. Subscriber Attorneys appearing on have paid an online advertising fee. Use of this Service is not intended to and does not create an attorney-client relationship between a Subscriber Attorney and any Requestors. is not a law firm. The information contained herein is not legal advice. The attorneys listed do not in any way constitute a referral or endorsement by this website. To see the attorney in your area who is responsible for this advertisement please click here. If you live in Alabama, Florida, Missouri, New York or Wyoming, please click here for additional information