Thread: Can a lawyer help me get my driver's license back before my revocation period ends?

Can a lawyer help me get my driver's license back before my revocation period ends?

i have a 6 yr revocation for my dl. is there any way any lawyer can help me get it back sooner my other 2 owis will be off my record in 3 months? but the one i just got in 2011 will actually be my 3 one but my other 2 were in feb and march of 2000?

Administrator
    In Iowa, the look-back period is 12 years from the date of the conviction, not the arrest (as you probably already know). You must serve 1 year of the revocation period, then you can apply for a temporary restricted license. This will allow you to drive to and from work, school and medical appointments. The other requirement is that any car you drive must be equipped with an ignition interlock device.

You can call the Iowa Office of Driver Services at: 1-800-532-1121.

They will probably direct you to fill out an application and submit it. They may require you to:

* Pass all required examinations
    * Pay any fines
    * Pay $20 reinstatement fee
    * Show proof of vehicle insurance
    * Show proof of ignition interlock device

If you meet all requirements, they will send you notice that your application has been approved. It would be a good idea to contact them now and find out for sure the time period you have to wait before you can apply. Thank you for your question and good luck.

Banned
    You should contact a lawyer. Only he can tell you what exactly you should do in this matter.