Thread: What if I have to go to a DUI court appearance without a DUI lawyer?

What if I have to go to a DUI court appearance without a DUI lawyer?

have to go to court what if i go without lawyer

Administrator
    It is not recommended. If you cannot afford a DUI lawyer you may be able to have the court appoint one.

What does a DUI attorney do? A DUI lawyer can request discovery and evaluate the arrest report and determine if there is any DUI evidence that should be suppressed or if your DUI arrest can be dismissed.

Why do you need a DUI attorney? A DUI lawyer understands how an alcohol test is administered and can determine if it was done correctly and whether or not the reading was accurate. They also can review why you were stopped and make sure the officer had reasonable suspicion to make the DUI stop.

Most DUI lawyers offer an initial free consultation so you have the opportunity to present your case and the lawyer can determine if you have any valid DUI defenses.

If you do not have time to talk to a DUI lawyer before your court date you may be able to get an extension from the court.