Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Can the court suspend my license today for a 2004 DUI?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Can the court suspend my license today for a 2004 DUI?

    I got my d.u.i in 2004 when i moved back to the west coast i called the court to try to work it out they then suspended my licence for a bench warrent can they do that with no court day set

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Yes, they can because there is no statute of limitations for driver's license matters. You did the right thing by contacting the court to complete your DUI sentence requirements, however, the court does not look favorably on someone who possibly ignored court requirements for 8 years. The best thing you can do is consult with a DUI attorney from the state where you got your DUI and let him negotiate with the court to see how quickly you can satisfy their regulations so you can put this DUI behind you once and for all.

    This article has some good information about the costs and benefits to hiring a DUI attorney.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

ATTORNEY ADVERTISEMENT: This website is a group advertisement. is not a lawyer referral service. Subscriber Attorneys appearing on have paid an online advertising fee. Use of this Service is not intended to and does not create an attorney-client relationship between a Subscriber Attorney and any Requestors. is not a law firm. The information contained herein is not legal advice. The attorneys listed do not in any way constitute a referral or endorsement by this website. To see the attorney in your area who is responsible for this advertisement please click here. If you live in Alabama, Florida, Missouri, New York or Wyoming, please click here for additional information