Thread: Will my DUI keep me from getting a teaching job?

Will my DUI keep me from getting a teaching job?

I want to know when I get fingerprinted for a teaching position will my DUI in Clinton Township MI for my first offense prevent me from getting the job?

Administrator
    It is always best to be upfront and honest about your DUI conviction. If you try to hide the past and the school district finds out, you will definitely not get the job or you could be fired if it comes up after you already have the job. Each school is different just as each person interviewing you has a different viewpoint. You should explain the DUI and how you know the seriousness of the charge and what you have learned since that life-altering mistake.

This blog article http://www.duiattorneyhome.com/dui-blog/?s=teaching has some outstanding information that will help you decide your best course of action.