Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Can my job suspend me for a DUI?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Can my job suspend me for a DUI?

    Suspended from job until final outcome, is this consistant with state law.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    I do not know what field you are employed in or if you are in a union, but I will give a general answer anyway. Yes, your employer is within his rights to suspend you and possibly fire you for getting a DUI. During your suspension, it is a good idea to show your employer that you made a one-time mistake and you take it very seriously. Maybe enroll in alcohol education classes as a way to demonstrate your commitment.

    If you are in a union, you could contact them and see if there is an action you could take that could save your job. It would also be a good idea to consult with an attorney in your area. This article talks about what to look for when evaluating your case and attorneys.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

ATTORNEY ADVERTISEMENT: This website is a group advertisement. is not a lawyer referral service. Subscriber Attorneys appearing on have paid an online advertising fee. Use of this Service is not intended to and does not create an attorney-client relationship between a Subscriber Attorney and any Requestors. is not a law firm. The information contained herein is not legal advice. The attorneys listed do not in any way constitute a referral or endorsement by this website. To see the attorney in your area who is responsible for this advertisement please click here. If you live in Alabama, Florida, Missouri, New York or Wyoming, please click here for additional information