Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Old DUI warrant...should I turn myself in?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Old DUI warrant...should I turn myself in?

    This charge is from 1993. Information on the warrant is very confusing and seems to have conflicting information including different cities for incident. I do not recall information on the warrant. I have been instructed to turn myself in with out being given any information on what will occur when I do this. Any advice??

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    The first thing you should do is consult with an attorney in your area who can tell you what to expect because he has knowledge that only local attorneys have. You definitely want to take care of this warrant, because it will never go away until you do. If there was an incident from 19 years ago, it is unlikely that the state will proceed with charges because the evidence may no longer exist. It is also possible to avoid being taken into custody (depending on your county).

    This blog posting talks about what to look for when hiring a DUI attorney.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

ATTORNEY ADVERTISEMENT: This website is a group advertisement. is not a lawyer referral service. Subscriber Attorneys appearing on have paid an online advertising fee. Use of this Service is not intended to and does not create an attorney-client relationship between a Subscriber Attorney and any Requestors. is not a law firm. The information contained herein is not legal advice. The attorneys listed do not in any way constitute a referral or endorsement by this website. To see the attorney in your area who is responsible for this advertisement please click here. If you live in Alabama, Florida, Missouri, New York or Wyoming, please click here for additional information